Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Epic battle for control over my audio files?

I use iTunes to listen to music on my PC, but every time I start iTunes it says that it is not the default music player and asks me if I want to make it the default. I say yes every time, but every time I start the program it says it isn't the default.





How can I find out which program keeps hijacking the right to play my music? It's kind of funny watching the programs duke it out, but it's also annoying.Epic battle for control over my audio files?
I can almost guarantee it's windows media player that is the culprit. The quickest and easiest way to find out is to pop in a cd and see what happens. If windows media player opens up to play it, then that is the default and you need to change the settings on that player as well in order to have ITunes play as default. Window may pop up and actually ask you what to do with file. If it does, and the play using media player option is highlighted, then again, it's the default and you need to change it. I had the same problem with using ITunes, WMP, and Yahoo music engine. Once you go into each media player program on your system and manually change the default media they are set to play automatically, it will work fine. Rock on!Epic battle for control over my audio files?
ok on a music file right click and in the open with option select itunes and check the box always open this file with this program. simple right?

No comments:

Post a Comment