Sunday, January 24, 2010

Can I buy steering wheel audio controls for my Dodge Caliber?

I am going to be ordering a new Dodge Caliber within the next couple of weeks. I am getting the SXT, and I am also going to get the Popular Equipment Group. This package includes fog lamps, leather-wrapped steering wheel w/audio controls, and bodyside body-color molding. Two questions: What is bodyside body-color molding? Do Caliber's really have steering wheel audio controls? I have looked for a picture everywhere, and I have not found one. Does anybody have this package? Is it worth the $200?Can I buy steering wheel audio controls for my Dodge Caliber?
The molding is the rubber strips on the sides to (hopefully) reduce the likelihood of damage from car doors, etc. The fact that it's body colored means it looks nicer than if it were black (it doesn't stand out so much).





As for the steering wheel audio controls, Dodge couldn't say it has them if it doesn't. They are very convenient, I have an Accord with them.





Overall, the package is easily worth it - and it shouldn't change the price by $200, it should be somewhat less unless you're paying full MSRP for the car, and I would hope that you aren't anywhere near that number.





Go to Edmunds.com or carpoint.msn.com, price exactly what you want, see what the dealer invoice is, and negotiate up from there, not down from MSRP.





Good luck!Can I buy steering wheel audio controls for my Dodge Caliber?
bodyside body color molding just means that the little strip running down the doors is painted the same as the rest of the car as opposed to the plain black plastic strips. The calibers can come with steering wheel audio controls there are three buttons on the back of each side of the steering wheel(six total). right side has volume up and down, and one other button, left side has channel up and down, one other. i think that the audio buttons are worth the $200 alone.
My 07 Charger has it and yes you can get it in a Caliber. Search 4 a dode.com you can build your Caliber anyway you want to there.
  • nars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment