Friday, January 22, 2010

What audio/volume-control program did HP have installed on my computer when I bought it?

I bought a stock HP tower a few years ago with Windows installed and everything. It has no sound card, but I was able to plug speakers into it because of some sound program, sort of like Windows Volume Control, but I don't think my computer ever had that. I got a new hard drive and installed Windows XP on it, and there is no Volume Control program installed on my computer, and none of the aftermarket freeware volume control programs are working. Does anybody know what program HP had installed on my computer when I got it?What audio/volume-control program did HP have installed on my computer when I bought it?
If it had a jack to plug speakers into, it had a sound card. The sound card has a driver. When Windows was installed on the new drive it was from a Microsoft disk, not an HP disk for that computer, so you have no sound card driver. Go to HP's site, download the sound card driver for that model computer and run the file you download. No program will work, because Windows can't see the sound card without the driver.
  • nars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment