Sunday, January 24, 2010

'; no audio device'; message under sounds and audio device in control panel?

I have found that on my XP laptop the sound is not working.In the control panel it says no audio device.I install the soundmax device driver for my thinkpad and under control panel of souds and audio device I see the soundmax.Also tested the sound it seems to work fine.


BUT when I restart my system the system typically restores back to a point saying again ';no audio device';


I have to again install the driver everytime I restart my system





Can someone have experience with this or help resolve this issue.


-Peter'; no audio device'; message under sounds and audio device in control panel?
Make sure you are downloading the drivers from the official manufacturer's website as others can be fake.





Also if that doesn't work go to ';Add/Remove Programs'; from the ';Control Panel'; and remove any software related to the audio device.





Then reinstall once you have restarted your PC. If that doesn't work try the windows ';Troubleshooting'; section or the official website for help.





Looking at the above answer I can tell you it's not a virus, a virus wouldn't be able to access your drivers just the software from Windows.'; no audio device'; message under sounds and audio device in control panel?
type in the name and model followed by drivers and downoad audio drivers for your pc.


Example: gateway 4100 drivers.


you should not have to do it everytime.


right click on my computer, then click properties,then device mgr, there you will see audio, dbl click and when it asks let it search for them.
You might have a virus... my computer, when I had a virus, would constantly make me reinstall the driver. The only plus side is I never turn off my actual desktop computer. When I reformatted the computer however I lost this problem.
install all window update

No comments:

Post a Comment